| Kelli Whytsell, Superintendent of Calhoun Schools said, "My understanding is that we have 8 active cases as school opens Tuesday." With that being said, we are now in YELLOW. That limits the number of people to parents and step parents only at sporting events. |
"We want to encourage everyone to take precautions and stay safe," Whytsell said.
MESSAGE TO STUDENTS AND PARENTS
Good Evening, Students,
We are EXCITED to See you Tuesday.
With the School Re-opening map released and Calhoun County is yellow so we are good to open on Tuesday. The administration and teachers have worked really hard preparing for this day. This year will look a lot different, but we are going to make it great together.
A few things to remember:
1. Please do the COVID-19 self-assessment at home. If you are not feeling well stay home and check with the school nurse.
2. You will need to wear a mask to ride the bus. Please come to the bus stop with a mask.
3. When you arrive at the school your temperature will be taken.
4. You will report to your first period, breakfast will be served in first period.
5. You will need to wear a mask when 6 feet of social distancing can't be provided and during all transition times, in the hallways, bathrooms, while going to lunch, and other times.
These are just a few of the changes, your first-period teacher will go over all the information with you in first period. Don't worry we are here to help you and remind you of the changes.
We are also excited to see our virtual students this week. You should have an appointment to come in for orientation. It is very important that you keep your appointment. We have important information to go over with you.
This year may be different but we are going to be future-focused and do what needs to be done to keep you. everyone in the school and the community safe. Together we can make this year great.